Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Monday, August 16, 2010

Faces of Grief

Families can be fabulous. Mine was as I walked through Loren’s illness and death. Families can also be messy. Grief both dulls and sharpens senses and sensibilities.  My grief, and their grief.

And so, I sometimes walk alone. I am not completely alone - my God is with me… but people are His hands and feet. Sometimes even God turns his back toward you - think Moses on the mountain while getting the 10 commandments. I guess I’m seeing some of God’s back now.

And that hurts. I promised to be real about my grief. And so I am being real. I will not hide - even though some of this is ugly. If God is calling you to turn away… do it. I may not understand. But be sure it is Him that is telling you that - and not just because you think your plate is too full. I would’ve thought mine was full a while back.

-felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.