Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8

                 When heat breaks…

Rain trickles , no,

it rattles -as if on rails,

down the spouts.

Piccolo and high string birds

Sing -

Charm the routes

Their chorus

like a crowd at Union Station

And I, lie on my pillow this grey morn

Let these assume the chores of occupation!

 

Although I love summer, currently, I don’t have air conditioning and the nights have been warm! This morning I was savouring the cool.

I am less than a week from my surgery date and, since I am able to eat more now, and have been able to drop my powerful meds,  I am getting stronger.  Thank you for your  thoughts and prayers.  

 

For those of you remembering, we are 2 days from 2 years since saying goodbye to Loren.  May memories make you smile, and should you tear, know that we all were richly blessed. To hurt at parting is but to show love’s trace.

 

With love,

felicia

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.