Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

God is a good God.
Wonderful things happen.
Great kindnesses surround us during the most mournful times.

The earth is beautiful and we celebrate a warm and lengthy summer- even smile at the honking geese heading south.

And then there are the challenging times. Not the most mournful- but the times when it seems you just aren't catching the breaks.

Not quite enough sleep, not quite catching the new thing at work/school...just missing the unexpected stop sign- but not the unexpected waiting police officer, having to change course/jobs, and relationships of all sorts just having extra challenges....and....how easy is it to be thankful?

God is good, right?

I know this. I have seen this time and time again. And I have seen how God has used all kinds of changes for good- yes - including my own good.

But I need days like Thanksgiving Day to remind me again, when the day to day challenges discourage me.

And, I need you, too to pray for me.

I want to be like a child at Christmas- looking for the good that is coming, with THAT anticipation. For good IS coming.

God is a good God.

Love, felicia


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on the MTS High Speed Mobility Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.