Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 5

A year ago, I knew Loren wasn't coming home. We had gone into the hospital
to see if we could control Loren's hiccoughs, but by that Monday- I knew..
I am remembering today. I remember his suffering but I am remembering too,
all the love in his room. The love between us, and our kids and families-
and the dearest of friends, too.
I am remembering all who came to say goodbye, even when you didn't know it
was goodbye. I am remembering the songs sung, the words spoken, the prayers
said and so many beautiful acts of love given for Loren and for me and for
our family.
I am remembering how that love was being transformed into something eternal.
As the bonds that tied Loren and I together were being severed by death, the
love was filling the room around us.
I am thankful today. Love's suffering is over. Love can be transformed, but
never dies.
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that
suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and
character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's
love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been
given to us.
In gratitude,
felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.