Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011, Month 1, Day 2

 

Blessings on this New Year.

 

Blessings on all beginnings- even the ones that start off frozen.   I am thankful for the time off- the time to be at home and to spend a bit more time with family and friends.  I am thankful that the days are getting longer already and that the sun makes the snow shine.  I am thankful that some firsts are over.  I wasn’t sure how they would be- but they were just – how we are now….  And they were OK.

 

October, November and part of December had me so busy- away- and so tired- that I often felt like I was not present in my life.  I was present in other places- in other people’s lives- but not in my home, with my friends and supports.  Now- I like to give.  I am almost always curious and I like adventures and new experiences….but last year had plenty in my day to day life.  And I am only beginning to figure out what my roles will be with family and friends now that Loren isn’t here.

 

I don’t know exactly what that means in terms of choices for 2011, but I am looking forward and I am trying to choose well. I know that even when I haven’t felt present- God has been present.  I know that Love has been present. 

 

Whatever we do, and whomever we are with, may we think about who we choose to be or maybe, how we choose to be.. Not as a list of do’s and don’ts but as the qualities we want to be known for.   Wisdom? Truthfulness? Excellence? Love?

 

These are a few of my favourite things.  

 

Excellence encourages one about life generally; it shows the spiritual wealth of the world.
George Eliot

 

Wisdom is not finally tested in the schools, Wisdom cannot be pass'd from one having it to another not having it,

Wisdom is of the soul, is not susceptible of proof, is its own proof.
Walt Whitman

 

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

 

There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.
      ~ Mother Teresa

 

Blessings again, on your new year.

 

felicia

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.