Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Friday, August 13, 2010

What Do We Want Most?

Do you want your rights?  Do I want sleep?  Do you want what’s convenient?  Do I want revenge? 

Life is hard. It is beautiful and wondrous, but it is also very hard and often incredibly unfair.  If we let that dictate our choices…well….we sure aren’t adding to the beauty.

I want to be about love, goodness, truth, mercy, justice.  I want that most.  Sometimes I take a little while to get there….but I want that most.

What discourages you?  Maybe this to, needs the asking of the question…What do you want most.  Then we are willing to pay all the costs, the ordinary, the difficult, and the blatantly unjust ones for the prize.
Along the way, we will discover perseverance, and recover our hope….and we will be stronger than steel but our hearts will be resilient- flexible- like well-rooted flowers after a storm.

Heading towards answering that question….
 
-felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.