Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pain


I am not as good as Loren was at ignoring pain.

But maybe I should let it do its function; force me to attend to it. I intend to do just that this week and in the weeks ahead.

There are all kinds of pain...emotional, chronic physical pain, mental anguish, spiritual hunger- or anger, sharp, acute pain, dull and nagging pain.

It has a purpose - to alert you to look after something. Not all pain can be eliminated - but the correct response is to listen to it and try to sort out why you are called to attention. If it is a fixable problem, do so.

I have a pain. I'm going to do what I can to attend to it.

-felicia



addendum:

The pain I’m  having is physical…and will get treated.  But there are all kinds of pain.  If you have it.  Pay attention.

Thanks team,
felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.