Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's Saturday Morning



I woke up to soft rain and quietly went about setting the kitchen to rights.  And then I sat down to check my emails…sort through old ones and put them in folders.  I noticed my icon for the slide show and thought, “nah…not right now..”. Then I remembered my promise to myself not to run from any of this.

And I played it.  It’s Saturday morning and I miss him.  Cammie came in from walking Radar about half way through. We just watched and let the tears fall.

We were so lucky.  We had so much fun.

I glanced up at the picture hanging in my living room.  It’s just an artist’s rendering of an old time band of 4 men singing and playing.  One of them looks like he’s just waiting for an answer to a question.  Maybe…”What….you want me back?”  And I shake my head.  “No…not back to suffering.”

We were so lucky.

We loved.

And we miss him.

-felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.