Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Listening

"And I will rise, when He calls my name. No more sorrow - no more pain. I will rise...".
 "Speak, Lord, for your servant heareth".

When I wake up - I assume it is for a reason - especially when songs are in my ears. And so I wait, and listen...and do my best not to say no.

Maybe it is just so I can let out a sigh or the little half-hiccough that follows hearts that have sobbed - even if my heart doesn't remember crying. Sometimes it is because the quiet of the night is the stillest and feels like a pause - anticipation?

Sometimes some person's name re-sounds like records - stuck - and I must just pray. Perhaps it seems like restlessness - but it doesn't feel like it. The alertness passes quickest if I just go with it.

Say 'Yes' more than you say 'No'.

Remember the song Channels Only?  "Channels only, blessed Master - but with all Thy wondrous power - flowing through us - Thou canst use us - every day and every hour". This has been a favorite refrain since I was about 10 years old. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.