Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Felicia's Response When Asked How She's Doing

I am doing OK. Maybe sadder these days as I watch Loren lose muscle and need to lie down more.

When I reach for a snuggle at night- I feel a bony shoulder where I used to rest my head. Of course I still love that shoulder - but it is a stark reminder at just the time I would like comfort.

Trying to look for jobs this week - something part time and local. Ali has strep throat today.

Loren IS in the shop this morning - and we hope to finish his taxes today - plus sort some other things before supper at Mom + Dad Dyck's tonight.
 
We have been very busy... but we must do those things that are important while there is time and energy.
 
We choose to fill these days by creating memories - by sharing our lives with those we love and by facing what we have been given - knowing absolutely that we are not alone - that we are loved... I've said this before - what if the first noble truth is that we are loved?

Does it still hurt? YES. But still, we are safe - and we can still love, too.
What you and others do by praying and thinking and loving is absolutely helping.
 
Felicia

2 comments:

  1. and so we will continue to pray, hope and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that everyday I check your blogspot for an update. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    I am praying for you.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.