Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011

My dear friends and family,

 

A year has passed.  We look back and see that hallowed death bed and the beginning of wrenching loss for all who loved Loren.  We look back and remember all he brought to us.

I know that for many, today, tears and longing and hurt will be present. 

 

Thank you for your prayers for me and for my girls and their guys.

 

I just came from a few days away in Kenora with a very dear friend who walks her own journey in the valley.  For me, the days were ones of remembering and ones of revelation.  Death’s sting, it’s poison that dries up life and makes the very marrow of your bones scream- death’s sting is not fatal.  Love walks beside us, behind us and before us as we journey through the knowledge of loss, and God – His very essence works, as a slow ointment , and inhaled vapours to heal all those dried and brittle places that death depleted.

 

For each one, this healing is different.  But I look back today and wonder at God’s power to heal so deep and so great a pain. 

 

Surely, He raises the dead.

 

Today, I am full of gratitude.  Gratitude for all the love learned when Loren was alive, gratitude for all the love around us during his illness and death and all the love that carried us through the months.

 

I am full of gratitude for healing in my life.  Healing that let me see joy in just being me again- healing that let me open my eyes to tomorrow with anticipation.

 

God gives good gifts.  And God is full of surprises, too.

 

Much love,

  felicia

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.