Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Monday, August 23, 2010

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow, August 24th, will mark 25 years since Loren and I were wed.

I will breakfast with friends. Then  I will  pick up his remains.

In the afternoon - I will do something different than previous years; I'll drive to Morden, take in the museum...and???

I choose tomorrow - a day filled with meaning - to move my ring to my right hand. It is something Loren and I talked about when we bought it in Orlando. Not the date - but that it would fit on the other hand - later.

I choose memory and ceremony and meaningful dates to give order to what feels completely un-ordered in its tumultuousness.

I choose this path and these stepping stones on my grief journey. It is part of my determination to move forward - move through - each part of this grief - to the other side.

I won't be able to decide much about timing and grief - but I can offer stepping stones....and hope.

-felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.