Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pain.... Soulful, Physical.....


My faith has found a resting place
Not in device or creed. I trust the ever living one.

But though I am resting, my soul hurts. Loren has had to use more break through meds today and he is more tired.

How much time will there be? From Loren, "What can I expect"

And yet, we have such riches in the love around us,  we know we are loved.There are others who walk through this without friends, without help, and no reprieve from work.

If we know we are loved, how can we not love?

We will walk into the week ahead. Loving, working, watching, praying.and seeking courage. 

-felicia

            

It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do.  
~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, 
Chapter 11, spoken by the character Atticus

           
Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.
     Gilbert Keith Chesterton

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
            Lao Tzu

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.