Loren & Felicia

Loren & Felicia

Monday, April 12, 2010

Amidst the Joy, Comes Reality

I am thinking about the faces I saw at the bingo bowl. I saw happy ones, and dear ones and those holding other sorrows in check to smile for us. I saw memories and strength. I saw love for friends of friends.
 
This morning we see the oncologist. I think it could be a pivotal day.


Loren's jaundice is returning a bit and it will be our contact with the cancer/palliative system.

I hope to investigate the family supports offered, especially for grieving daughters.

I know I too need to be cared for. And that I must be careful about the wakefulness. For now- I still can go to sleep and it feels like I need to process in the times I am awake. Sometimes it is not with words- just being.
 
I am certain that I am resting on the ocean of love and prayers so generously whelmed for us.
 
What can I say but thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a story about your friendship with Loren or the family, send a message or encouragement, send a prayer.